Thursday, October 29, 2009

Urbanista In the City-Shan Keith Fashion Show


Last Friday night I decided to check out the Shan Keith fashion show featuring his latest line, Nēché Collection.  Nēché Collection by Shan Keith is a line dedicated to his late sister Ms. Santonya Nēché Oliver. Shan lost his sister last year due to a brain aneurysm. He dedicated his entire show in memory of her.  For those that don't know, Shan Keith also won Project Design at St. Louis Fashion Week this past Spring.  This also happened to be the first STLFW show I had attended and can truly say he deserved the title!

The show was held at Windows on Washington downtown, and was the perfect spot to host this fabulous show.   As I entered the lobby I was greeted by a gentleman serving complimentary champagne, and a beautiful rain fountain with glass flowers that sparkled under the light.  The ambiance was truly and urban experience.  I then proceeded to the freight elevator which took me to the 8th floor where the show was being held.  Once upstairs, I nibbled on cheese, crackers, and fruit then chatted at the bar until they announced for everyone to take their seats.  Before the show started, I wanted to check to see what goodies I got in my VIP bag thanks to my girl Nikole!  I was happy to see a small bottle of Pearl Vodka, Aveda samples, and various coupons to local downtown businesses.  


At about 8:00, the show began.  The host for the night was P-Dub, fomerly known as Pretty Willy.  As the music pumped up, the photographers got in place, the models came strutting out in some sharp ensembles.  I have to give it to Shan, he has talent.  He featured about 60 different looks that evening and everything was on point!  I loved his models too.  There were all shades of brown and sizes modeling his line, which is what I appreciated.  He gets it...Shan realizes that the all types of people love fashion, and we are all not 6 feet tall and a size 0!!  I can't wait to head down to NV Showroom and Boutique (1909 Washington Ave) to see if I can get one of the pieces this plus sized woman was rocking down the runway.  


During and after the show I spotted Kenya Vaughn of St. Louis American, Ma'at, blogger for Outtown, Attilio D'Agostino and Jill Manoff of Alive Magazine, and Nikole Shurn-Perkins who did the PR for the event and just opened up NV Showroom and Boutique.  There were also a host of socialites including my Sorors Rachel Westerfield and Trenell Billups (Skee Wee Sorors)! As with most of the events I attend, I had a fabulous time and I will definitely look for future shows from this up and coming designer!  Click here for all the pics




No comments:

Post a Comment