Saturday, October 24, 2009
New Feaure--Fabulosity Tips!!
About a year ago, I decided to purchase Kimora's book "Fabulosity." Now I have to admit, I really wasn't a big fan of Kimora, not that I didn't like her, I just didn't know much about her. It wasn't until I started watching her reality show "Life in the Fab Lane" that I became intrigued by her. I loved the fact that she was so "extra", but confident, down to earth, and in essence a "true sista"! I loved her book. She discusses everything from beauty and fashion, and work and family life, to self-confidence and wellness, and lifestyle and sustainability. I thought this book captured the epitome of what an Urbanista is all about. So with that said, I decided that I would include a few tips from Kimora's book from time to time.
Since this month I have been engulfed with all things beauty and fashion, I'll start with *Kimora's five-point fashion manifesto:
1. Style is a form of self-promotion
2. Developing a style is like your brandmark; it'll get you noticed and remembered.
3. Fashion bestows autority and power on the wearer: dress to impress, and you will be taken seriously.
4. Great style says, "Here I am! Pay attention to me!" I value myself enough to put effort into this, and you should too.
5. Style is invididual. Style is subjective. Nobody can grade you on it.
*Excerpt taken from the book Fabulosity: What It Is and How To Get It, by Kimora Lee Simmons.