Sunday, December 20, 2009

Urbanistas in the City--Holiday Edition!

What a festive month December was, however, I am absolutely drained.  Although I didn't do much at the beginning of  the month, I sure made up for it during the last few weeks.  The Urbanistas were here, there, and everywhere; socializing, networking, and merry making!  





We started at the Simple Pleasures III event hosted by B Free Paparazzi and indulged in decadent chocolate treats, champagne and sushi all while enjoying neo soul beats, spoken word, and belly dancing.  There was a great mix of black socialites and movers and shakers in the house including SYGU's Eddie Holman, LME's Otto Nichols, Freetime's Darryl Gillespie, Attorney Ryan Smith, B Free's Miata Lewis-Harris, JoAnn Smith, Corey Black, Masherryl Conyer, and just about every other young urban professional.  Click here for all the pics!



Next up, was our 1st Annual Holiday Fete in which we hosted special guest Ola Hawatmeh, from  Mom Me Makeover and her guest, Angie.  We didn't have the turnout that I would've liked, but I expected that with all the holiday parties going on this month (which is why I wanted to host the party last month, but you know how that turned out)!  The party was at Red Kitchen and Bar which featured a tapas styled menu.  We  sipped on "Grinch" and "Pointsetta" martinis, networked  and chatted about the upcoming movie Sex and the City II, and how we may need to host a party...or two. Click here for all the pics!


The following week, I attended a private fashion show and dinner at Paul Mineos in Westport to benefit Makeover for a Cause.  This time I was the special guest of Ola.  I was truly honored that she wanted me to attend such a fabulous event.  The show was amazing and the appetizers were great!  In the house were Alive Magazine and Gilberto Pinela of STL-TV.  Click here for all the pics!

















I didn't get a chance to make the "Networking Event of the Year" aka "Who's Who in Black St. Louis," because...well the tickets were a little too pricey.  I know the price included a copy of the book, but heck, if I ain't in it, I could really use that money elsewhere, especially during these times.  But I did want to give a shout out to two Urbanistas that were included in the book this year, Jasonee Ragland (soon to be Mrs.) of the St. Louis Urban League and Dr. Jennifer McCleary of Triad Chiropractic. Congrats ladies!


The Urbanistas did get a chance to swing through the young, black, urban professionals "Who's Who" set as we attended the Urban League Young Professionals aka the "YP's" Holiday Extravaganza at Hotel Lumiere.  I caught the tail end of the party since I was at Ola's fashion show earlier that evening, but when I arrived, the party was still in full swing.  Spotted networking were past presidents Barry Neal and Deanna Carroll, newly elected president, Kendrick Joshway, past treasurer Nate Johnson, and socialites Deone Nealie and Makeda Crane (skee wee Soror).  After the party fizzled down, I saw a few of the youngins headed out to various locations in the city.  However, after a night of holiday festivities, food, and wine, I was ready to call it a night.  Click here for all the pics!









This week, I will be relaxing (and celebrating) with my hubby as his bday is tomorrow, then preparing for my annual holiday brunch I will be hosting for my family.  You would've thought I'd had enough of entertaining after Thanksgiving, but I'm a junkie for throwing parties, so I just can't help myself.  However, this time, it will be on a much lower scale, just 10 of us this time.  On the menu we have mimosas, roasted duck, breakfast casserole, brown sugar glazed bacon, pancakes, garlic and butter saute' schrimp, fresh fruit, ham, biscuits, grits....okay, let me stop, cause I am getting hungry!!LOL  Anyhoo, I hope all you Urbanistas enjoy spending time with your families and have a safe and very blessed Christmas and Kwanzaa.  


Ciao Urbanistas!





1 comment:

  1. I had a great time at your dinner! Happy Holidays!
    JoAnn Smith/Manager Corey Black

    ReplyDelete